Cook - Dietary Aide
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Apply now to learn more about our multiple incentive programs available!
California PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking to hire a self-motivated, efficient, responsible Cook – Dietary Aide to prepare food items of sufficient quality and quantity to meet the needs of our residents for the dining room. If you have a passion for healthcare, this is the right opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Prepares and/or pre-portions food (such as beverages, salads, desserts, and other items assigned by the supervisor) for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu and production sheets and as directed.
- Handles food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies and procedures.
- Insures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner. Uses proper tasting technique to insure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records food temperatures according to established policy.
- Assists with the setup of the tray line. Assembles trays according to the planned menu and tray tickets, stated portion, resident food preferences, and diet order and within the established time schedules. Assists in checking trays during service for accuracy.
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience in a fast paced kitchen or healthcare setting.
- Current California Food Handler’s Card.
California PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.