Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make a positive impact by helping and caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
We are currently only considering local candidates, near the Lynwood area, for this job opportunity.
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for hourly bonuses are available for direct care staff (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
California PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking to hire self-motivated, efficient and responsible Admissions Coordinator looking to grow and be part of a caring team. This is a direct hire: Full Time position. Our Admissions Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with the admitting department operations at our medical facility. If you have a passion for healthcare, this is the right opportunity for you!
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the in-patient/out-patient functions, bed assignments, and completion of preliminary paperwork for entering patients.
- Primary contact for all telephone admission inquiries, walk-in admission inquiries and request for pre-admission facility tours.
- Responsible and accountable for the completion of all admission processes, forms and facility notification documentation.
- Coordination and regular communication with the Intake Team and other referral sources, ensuring a smooth patient discharge and admission experience.
- Work with medical records and must organize and process this information for use in their facility and with referring medical facilities.
- Confirm that all insurance benefits coverage meets standards of admission as dictated by policy.
- Utilize computers to input data and may need to use coding and classification software and electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- Communicate and build strong working relationships with healthcare workers, doctors, nurses, families and patients on a daily basis.
- Working knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and third party managed care payer sources.
- Other duties as assigned by Nursing Administrator.
What You'll Bring:
- At least 1 year of experience as an Admissions Coordinator at a medical center required.
- Knowledge of All Scripts, Epaces, Edischarge, Ivans, SOS, sigma or similar softwares a plus.
- Compassion for the elderly and commitment to hospitality and service.
- Positive and nurturing personality, a true want to help and care for those in need.
- Detailed, organized, with team oriented and collaborative spirit.
- Experience in long-term, skilled nursing care a plus, but not required.
- This is a Full Time position that requires some weekend availability.
California PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.